There are a number of ways that you can become a Legal Permanent Resident.  Our firm can assist you in obtaining your green card through your family, employment or as a victim of violence / crime. 


United States Citizens who are 21 years of age can petition:

  • Spouse (includes legally recognized same sex marriages)
  • Unmarried children under the age of 21
  • Parents
  • Unmarried children over the age of 21
  • Married children of any age
  • Brothers and sisters

Lawful Permanent Residents can petition for:

  • Spouse
  • Unmarried children



Victims of certain crimes who have suffered mental or physical abuse and are helpful to law enforcement or government officials in the investigation or prosecution of criminal activity in the United States or in violation of U.S. laws, may be eligible for a non-immigrant status U-Visa. 

Qualifying Criminal Activities include:  Abduction, abusive sexual contact, blackmail, domestic violence, extortion, false imprisonment, female genital mutilation, felonious assault, fraud in foreign labor contracting, hostage, incest, involuntary servitude, kidnapping, manslaughter, murder, obstruction of justice, peonage, perjury, prostitution, rape, sexual assault, sexual exploitation, slave trade, stalking, torture, trafficking, witness tampering, unlawful criminal restraint. 

Violence Against Women Act

A battered spouse, child or parent may file an immigrant visa petition under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA).  To be eligible you must have been the abused spouse of a United States citizen or permanent resident.  You may also file as an abused spouse if you child has been abused by your United States citizen or permanent resident spouse.  Unmarried children under the age of 21 may also be included in your petition. 


Immigrant Investors / Entrepreneurs and their spouses and unmarried children under 21 are eligible to apply for a green card.  Entrepreneurs that invest in a commercial enterprise in the United States and plan to create or preserve permanent full time jobs for qualified United States workers may apply for one of the 10,000 visas authorized each year.